Zucchini "Cavili f1" ("Cavili F1") is one of the leaders in world breeding. The fruits of this plant are able to form independently, without pollination by insects. This vegetable crop compares favorably with many varieties of foreign and domestic selection of high productivity. A popular hybrid, bred by Dutch breeders, is drought tolerant, but produces high-quality crops only under the condition of timely and sufficiently abundant irrigation.
Description and features of the variety
Zucchini cultivar "Kavili f1" refers to hybrid hybrid forms intended for ultra-early mass vegetable products. "Cavili F1" has such advantages as parthenocarpy, high productivity indicators, marketability of fruits and long fruiting. The hybrid form is ultra-mature, and zucchini is used not only in home cooking, but also for canning. The description of the hybrid form declares the plant's resistance to powdery mildew and overripe fruits.
Zucchini light green, 16-22 cm long, attractive cylindrical shape. The pulp is white or light green in color, very tender and juicy. The average weight of the marketable fruit is 310 g. The taste and marketability of the fruit are excellent.
The hybrid form abundantly bears fruit from the beginning of summer and until late autumn. The first crop is ready for harvesting a month and a half after planting. The bushes are compact, but the yield with proper care is at least 7-9 kg per square meter.
Disease and Pest Prevention
Vegetable culture throughout the entire growing season can be negatively and aggressively exposed to a variety of diseases or pests, which can not only inhibit the growth and development of the plant, but also cause its death.
Zucchini of foreign selection "Cavili f1" has sufficient resistance to the main most common diseases. However, experienced vegetable growers recommend a systematic treatment of plants for prevention, and also offer successful ways to deal with lesions:
- against a spider mite, you can use spraying bushes of zucchini with onion infusion, for which you should take a glass of chopped onion, a tablespoon of red pepper and a piece of chopped laundry soap for 10 liters of water;
- for the destruction of aphids, it is recommended to use folk remedies or ready-made preparations "Iskra", "Fosbetsid", "Confidor", and with the mass settlement of pests, it is necessary to spray karbofos;
- spraying bushes of vegetable marrow with a gray colloidal or Bordeaux mixture allows you to protect plantings from anthracnose damage;
- in the fight against the defeat of vegetable culture by powdery mildew, a very good result allows pollination of bushes of vegetable marrow with ground sulfur or spraying with "Topaz", diluted in the amount of one ampoule in 10 l of water, with a consumption of a liter of working solution per 10 m of planting area;
- in case of severe damage to plants by peronosporosis, or downy mildew, it is allowed to use highly effective remedies "Barrier" or "Oksikhom".
It is important to observe the correct agricultural technology, as well as the alternation of crops on the site, deep digging of the soil in the autumn, cleaning and destruction of plant debris, as well as the timely removal of diseased plants from plantings. Vegetable growers should remember that it is strictly forbidden to plant zucchini after any pumpkin crops, including pumpkin, cucumbers, zucchini and squash.
We also suggest that you familiarize yourself with the varietal characteristics of the zucchini "Aeronaut".
The seed material of the Kavili f1 squash is sold after treatment with Tiram, so it does not need to be pre-soaked. Reviews and ratings by gardeners of this variety are very high. Vegetable growers note that the fruits have a very uniform white pulp with a pleasant and delicate taste. The zucchini's pulp is juicy, so it can be eaten raw or added to all kinds of salads. Experienced summer residents recommend collecting fruits after their length is 18-20 cm, however, even in case of overgrowing, the fruits retain their very delicate texture.
With proper care, in conditions of high agricultural technology, zucchini reaches a mass of 1 kg or more. The fruiting is wavy, which allows the use of fresh vegetable products throughout the summer and until the frosts. Parthenocarpy allows the hybrid in the absence of pollinating insects to show high productivity and form an abundant harvest of marketable fruit type.
Zucchini "Cavili f1": variety description
You can store the collected zucchini for more than two months. The hybrid form is responsive to fertile soil and top dressing and can be grown in a home garden, not only on ridges of open ground, but also in greenhouse structures or greenhouses.