Charlotte with jam - a magic wand in case of a sudden arrival of guests. It is cooked quickly, and also requires a minimum of ingredients, which are usually at hand. It is made in the same way as traditional apple charlotte, but much less time is spent on its preparation. And sugar.
Classic Jam Recipe
The simplest and most known hostesses.
- 1 cup (200 g) sifted wheat flour,
- 70 g of sugar;
- 200 g (about 1 cup) apple jam;
- 4 chilled eggs;
- 1 tsp a special culinary baking powder (or, alternatively, half a teaspoon of baking soda, slaked with ordinary 9% vinegar);
- some salt to taste.
- Beat the eggs thoroughly, slowly adding sugar to them. A good foam that guarantees splendor to the biscuit can only appear if the eggs are cool. Beat until final dissolution of sugar.
- Pour flour into the mixture slowly, without stopping stirring. It is necessary to bring consistency to absolute "smoothness". It is for this purpose that it will be useful to sift the flour in advance, eliminating the lumps.
- Pour baking powder (or slaked baking soda if you like the original baking rules). Salt to taste.
- Thoroughly mix the resulting dough with apple jam.
- You can grease a baking dish with any (butter, sunflower or even olive) oil. Then pour the mass into it and put it in a preheated oven in advance.
- Set the temperature to 180 degrees and bake charlotte for 40 minutes. Its readiness is easily determined with a fork or a toothpick, with which a biscuit is pierced. If there are no lumps of dough left on it, the baking is ready.
Jam does not have to be mixed with dough. It can be added when the dough is already in the form - just gently and evenly pour in a spiral, without stirring. So the taste of jam in your dessert will appear brighter.
Charlotte with jam and apples in the oven
This cake will have a rich combination of your favorite apple flavor and the sweet aroma of your chosen jam.
- 300 g (1.5 cups) flour;
- 3 chilled eggs;
- 200 g (about 1 cup) sugar;
- 3 sweet apples with a slight sourness;
- 10 tsp available jam;
- 6 tsp nonfat sour cream;
- half tsp soda slaked with 9% vinegar.
- Wash and peel apples. Cut into small slices and sprinkle lightly with sugar. If the apples are not sour, it will be appropriate to slightly sprinkle them with lemon juice: thanks to it, they will not darken.
- Beat the pre-chilled eggs thoroughly until foam. Pour in granulated sugar a little while continuing to beat until completely dissolved.
- Also, slowly pour in the flour and patiently stir until perfectly homogeneous.
- The next step: adding slaked soda, as well as sour cream. They also need to be mixed well with the dough.
- Pour half of the resulting dough into a mold pre-oiled with any oil, then put a layer of apples, cover it with the rest of the dough and pour jam on top.
- In a preheated oven, dessert will be baked a little more than half an hour. Recommended temperature is 180 degrees. How to check its readiness, you already know from the previous recipe.
Instead of apples, it is permissible to use any fresh berries or chopped fruits to your taste: seedless cherries, strawberries, peeled plums, etc.
Charlotte with jam, apples and cinnamon (without soda)
The recipe for those who can not get the necessary splendor from their charlotte. It will be interesting to those who do not really like the taste of soda in the dough.
- 300 g (1.5 standard cups) of flour,
- 6 tsp any sour cream
- 1 cup (about 200 g) of sugar,
- 6 tsp any (preferably sour) jam,
- 5 chilled eggs
- 3 large apples.
- Separate the whites and yolks and refrigerate them. Beat whites together with granulated sugar first. You can use a mixer for this. The higher the foam, the more magnificent the biscuit.
- Then you can add the yolks and continue whisking.
- Mix the foam with flour, sprinkled gradually through a sieve. So you will avoid lumps and achieve impeccable splendor.
- Add sour cream, then mix the jam. After that, mix the dough thoroughly again. If there are whole berries in the jam, the dessert will turn out to be very juicy, with a particularly rich taste.
- Wash apples, peel, cut into small slices. They can be added to the mass of the dough itself now or spread out in a uniform layer along the entire bottom of the baking container, and then pour the prepared batter on top.
- The dough-filled form is placed in a preheated oven. The result has to wait about half an hour at a temperature of about 180 degrees. Keep an eye on the cooking process: if you smell burnt or you see, reduce the temperature: it all depends on the particular oven.
- As soon as a beautiful crust has formed on the biscuit, you can float a test toothpick or fork.
Citric acid (half a teaspoon), ground nutmeg and / or cinnamon, vanilla to taste can add a spicy flavor to this charlotte. You need to add them even at the stage of beating eggs with sugar.
Charlotte in a slow cooker
A recipe for those who, for some reason, prefer a modern multicooker to a classic oven.
- 300 g (about 1.5 cups) of flour
- 3 chilled eggs
- 100 g (approximately 1/2 cup) sugar,
- 200 g (or 1 standard glass) of your preferred jam,
- 4 tsp sour cream of any fat content,
- 1 tsp culinary baking powder.
- Beat the chilled eggs with a whisk until high foam.
- Pouring flour, continue to stir until completely homogeneous.
- It's time to add soda (or your preferred baking powder) and sour cream. Do not stop interfering until everything is evenly dispersed in the test.
- Following this, jam is sent to the dough.
- Pour the dough into an oiled multicooker and cook for about 50 minutes in the special “Baking” mode.
If you want to achieve a delicious crust, gently turn over the finished charlotte, put it again in the slow cooker and brown for about 10 minutes in the "frying" mode. Just do not forget to watch, so as not to burn.
Curd Charlotte with fresh apples in a slow cooker
For lovers of cottage cheese flavor in biscuits.
- 200 g (approximately 1 cup) flour,
- 2 chilled eggs
- 4 tsp Sahara,
- 50 g low-fat cottage cheese,
- 2 medium apples
- 6 tsp some jam
- A third of a teaspoon of cooking soda
- Beat the whisk or mixer with the chilled eggs into a high froth.
- Add jam and mashed cottage cheese to them. Again, thoroughly, until impeccable uniformity, stir.
- The next mixing step is with half the cooked flour.
- Then, slowly, pour in the remaining flour, stirring without stopping. It should be batter. Next, add soda (slaked).
- Last place slices of washed and peeled apples. Stir them evenly with the dough.
- Pour the dough into the multicooker capacity oiled with any oil and set the “Baking” mode. On average, it takes 50 minutes to cook charlotte, however, the exact time depends on your multicooker. Therefore, it is recommended from time to time to check the readiness of the biscuit with a fork or a toothpick.
Variety of any of the above charlotte can be to your taste. It is acceptable to add raisins, favorite nuts (only not too large), crushed chocolate, candied fruits to the dough. Top with a sponge cake can be sprinkled with powdered sugar, cinnamon, coconut, greased with jam or sour cream (sour cream mixed with sugar or powdered, seasoned with vanilla). Do not be afraid to experiment - so each charlotte will turn out unique.
The most unusual - French Charlotte
This pie has very little in common with the usual charlotte. Thanks to this, it takes on a shade of exoticism - a great way to surprise guests.
For the test:
- 400 g biscuit cookies;
- 4-5 tablespoons of your chosen jam;
- butter for frying;
- 50 ml of water;
- 50 ml of wine or brandy;
- 1/2 standard glass (approximately 100 g) of sugar;
- lemon zest, cinnamon powder and / or other pastry spices to your taste.
- First, syrup is prepared: mix water with the selected alcoholic drink, add sugar and spices. Boil the syrup for no more than two minutes after it boils.
- Pour crushed biscuit cookies with prepared syrup and leave to soak for a while.
- On a greased baking sheet, put the mass of cookies, giving it the appearance of a shape with sides. Fill it with jam, sprinkle with crushed dry cookies and pour over melted butter.
- Bake for about 40 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees.
This unusual charlotte is served with balls of ice cream laid directly on the cake.
Charlotte in French (video)
All of the above charlotte will please you and your household with a magnificent form, delicate texture and juicy taste. And a spectacular appearance.