You can often hear from people that they need to buy green peas in the store for their dishes. Indeed, buying peas is not a problem today, but the choice is so great that it is not known which one is better to buy. Therefore, it may be easier to preserve it yourself and be confident in its taste. Many people say that they conserve green peas with vinegar, and it turns out to be tough. According to the recipes presented in the article, peas are tastier than the store and the correct softness.
Harvesting peas at home is so simple that even inexperienced housewives can handle it. In addition, it is convenient to use and add to salads, perhaps put on the table as a side dish to fish and meat dishes, add to soups and more. Home canning is not only a guarantee of a quality product, but also cost savings.
It is worth noting that not every pea is suitable for harvesting for the winter. When buying or growing such a vegetable specifically for harvesting, you should clearly know which variety is needed. Firstly, exclusively fresh pea pods should be used, and secondly, the pod itself must be young. Thanks to this, the grains will be soft. It is worth noting that a mature as well as an overripe pod is not at all suitable for winter harvesting. There is a lot of starch in such peas. Because of it, there will be a cloudy and ugly color and sediment. And the taste will be much worse.
When the desired variety and pods are selected, they should be obtained and prepared for further preservation. To do this, the pods are peeled, and damaged grains are removed. You can then use any recipe provided below for further preservation.
Classic canning is as follows:
- First you need to husk the grains from the pods and rinse them in cold water. Next, put everything in a pan and fill it with water.
- Putting everything on the stove you need to bring to a boil and boil for 5-20 minutes, depending on how mature the grains are.
- After sterilization of the cans, hot peas are placed in containers and poured only with a boiled yushka. Banks are covered with lids, after which they are sterilized and twisted.
- Different types of spices are used for pouring. Accordingly, each recipe has its own ingredients. Each housewife independently selects a more delicious recipe.
We preserve natural green peas with vinegar
As products you will need:
- Young pods of green peas;
- For one liter of brine you need:
- A pair of tablespoons of salt;
- A tablespoon of sugar and half a glass of vinegar.
Preservation and stages of preparation:
- Pods need to peel and rinse the grain.
- Prepared pea grains are put in a pan and filled with water, then you need to cook them for half an hour.
- After time, you need to throw the peas in a colander and let the water drain.
- To prepare the brine, you need to add all the ingredients per liter of water and bring them to a boil, let the crystals of sugar and salt dissolve.
- Grains are stacked in jars and poured with brine.
- Then the cans can be corked with plastic lids and refrigerated after cooling. Consume as needed.
In this state, peas can be stored all winter.
Pickled Peas: A Step-by-Step Recipe
This recipe implies peas directly, and for the marinade you need the following ingredients:
- Water - 1 liter;
- Salt - 15 grams;
- Vinegar - 100 grams.
The cooking process is very simple:
- Cook peas and boil water.
- Grains should be lowered into boiling water for about 3 minutes.
- Get out the grain and place on a napkin. Let the water drain at the same time and the peas themselves will cool.
- After sterilization, the grains need to be laid in jars and filled with brine, which is still boiling.
- After this, it will be necessary to sterilize once more with the expectation of a jar of 0.5 liter capacity - 30 minutes, 1 liter - 60 minutes.
- Then the can is twisted with a lid and turned over. Allow the jar to cool and you can leave blanks for the winter.
For marinade you need to cook:
- Water in an amount of 1 liter;
- Salt and sugar 10 grams each;
- 15 grams of apple cider vinegar for each jar of 0.5 liters.
Stages of preparation:
- Young pea seeds should be washed under cold water and lowered into a container.
- The tank is filled with water so that it covers all the grains and put on a small fire.
- So, peas are cooked for about 20 minutes, until the water begins to boil.
- Next, after sterilization, you need to put hot pea grains in the jars, but do not completely fill the jars, but leave about 1 cm from the top.
- Prepare the marinade in advance and pour the vinegar into the jars, pour it immediately with the hot marinade.
- Then the jars should be closed with a nylon cover and wrapped in a blanket. Allow to cool and can be moved to the refrigerator.
In this state, peas stand all winter and do not spoil.
Preserved Pea Recipe Without Acetic Acid
Some people do not tolerate vinegar, which is why a recipe is also provided without adding it.
For such conservation, you will need:
- 5 grams of salt and 15 grams of sugar are needed per liter of water.
- Peas should be cooked and separated from the pod, then rinsed under running water.
- Next, you need to prepare the brine and boil it. In a boiling marinade, you need to pour the grains and boil for 5 minutes.
- Then get the grains and put in sterilized containers. It is recommended to use containers with a volume of 0.5 liters.
- Banks should not be filled to the top. It’s better to leave a couple of centimeters free.
- When the grains are filled, the jars should be sterilized for half an hour.
- After cooling the peas, you can put the cans in the refrigerator, clogging them with nylon covers.
- After a day, the jars of peas must be put in warm water and brought to a boil. Preservation should boil for about 20 minutes.
- After that, the cans can be screwed on with lids and sent to the pantry.
Peas without sterilization with vinegar
The eve of any holiday for a good housewife usually begins and trite - with a shopping trip with a list of necessary products for a noisy feast. By all means, peas are on the list - a wonderful ingredient in salads, appetizers and sandwiches. You can cook an indispensable product on your own, then worries will be much less. It is important that the peas are milky, only then it will turn into a tender and tasty ingredient for the beloved Olivier!
- 980 ml of water;
- 27 g of sugar sand and salt;
- milk peas (how much will fit in two cans of half a liter);
- 30 ml of table vinegar.
- Rinse the peas several times with cool water, send them to a small container, pour water to slightly cover the top peas and cook for 32-34 minutes with a slight boil.
- Boil water, after adding sugar and salt.
- Spread the peas in a container of glass, pour brine. Pour vinegar directly into the cans, dividing it into two containers, and cork. Put down the covers on a flat surface and cover with a towel for half an hour.
- Store in a refrigerator, where to place containers with peas after cooling.
Pickled Pea Pods
To prepare tasty peas at home, you need such products:
- Young pea pods;
- Black pepper and dried cloves in 2 pieces;
- A pinch of citric acid;
- To prepare the brine, you need to use a liter of water, which adds 40 grams of sugar and 50 grams of vinegar.
- The pods should be washed. Then fill with water and leave for a couple of hours in the water.
- After this, blanch the pods in boiling water. The procedure takes no more than 2 minutes. A pinch of citric acid should be added to the water.
- Peas should be put in jars and spices (pepper and cloves) added.
- Now you can cook the marinade and pour it into jars.
- Next, you need to sterilize the banks for 15 minutes. After that, you can twist them.
Peas with allspice and vinegar
To create a conservation you need:
- For 1 kg of pea 5 pieces of allspice;
- For one liter of marinade, add:
- 25 grams of salt;
- 15 grams of sugar;
- Vinegar 70% - 10 grams.
- Peeled peas should be placed in boiling water and boiled until the grains become wrinkled.
- Next, the grains should be poured into a colander so that the water can drain.
- Putting the beans on the banks, you should pour them with the finished marinade.
- For the marinade, you need to boil water and add salt and sugar, add pepper and pour vinegar.
- When pouring the brine, sterilize the container for half an hour.
- Then you can tighten the cans and let them cool.
If there are a lot of peas in stock, then it can not only be rolled up, but also prepared for the winter in the form of dried peas or frozen. If necessary, the vegetable will always be at hand.
Canned green peas (video)
As for conservation, then with peas, the process does not take much time. In addition, the harvest at home, preserves the taste and useful properties of legumes. Preservation will be considered successful if, 5 days after twisting, the pickle in the banks has not changed its color and remains transparent. Such a blank can be stored throughout the year both in the refrigerator and in the cellars. If the brine changes color, becomes cloudy, then you do not need to take it. It’s better to pour such a roll.