We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Few people know that watermelon seeds are healthy and shouldn't be thrown away. They contain the minerals you need to maintain your wellness. You can eat watermelon seeds, unless the person is allergic to this product. If you regularly eat grains, then the body will never be deficient in vitamins.
The chemical composition of watermelon seeds
Grains contain a large amount of trace elements and vitamins. Among them are:
- Vitamins of group B and PP.
In melons, mainly pulp is used for food. Since the end of July, I just want to feast on watermelon. But not only the pulp is used in food. Watermelon seeds are considered useful for the body.
Where are watermelon seeds used?
It is difficult to imagine that a product such as watermelon seeds can be useful. After all, most people prefer to just throw them out along with the peel. But the seeds are used in folk medicine and cosmetology.
In folk medicine
The healing properties of watermelon seeds are not known to many. But, nevertheless, they are often used in traditional medicine.
- The seeds help relieve puffiness. Pour 500 milliliters of boiled water over the grains and cover. Infuse the broth until the water cools down to room temperature. Drink 100 milliliters of infusion for five days.
- For coughs and fevers, a seed-based drink will help. Grind the seeds in cold water at a ratio of 1:10. Take the medicine 1 teaspoon every two hours. If desired, add sweet syrup or sugar to the drink. This remedy will help to quickly cope with the fever and put the patient on their feet.
In addition, watermelon seeds help remove worms from the intestines, normalize high blood pressure, and help cope with uterine bleeding. Before using watermelon seeds as a medicine, you need to make sure that it does not negatively affect the body.
First, you should consult a doctor, and then use grain-based products as a medicine.
Watermelon grains are also used in cosmetology. Various masks are made on their basis.
- On the basis of watermelon seeds, masks are made for acne. To prepare the mask, the seeds are dried and then soaked in water for three hours. Then grind the seeds in a blender. Mix the resulting mass with parsley juice and mix thoroughly. Apply to cleansed skin and leave for 20 minutes. Wash off the mask with cool water.
- Natural scrubs are made from watermelon seeds. Rinse the seeds in water and grind in a blender until smooth. Then mix the gruel with sour cream or honey. Use like a regular scrub.
These masks reduce inflammation and help cleanse dead skin cells from the epidermis.
Is it possible to eat bones, and how does it affect the body
It is possible and even necessary to eat watermelon seeds. They contain micronutrients that are essential for human life. In addition, they are often used in traditional medicine.
Saturates with vitamins and minerals
First of all, the benefit of watermelon seeds is that they saturate organisms with vitamins, as well as minerals, and replenish the deficiency of trace elements. Sunflower seeds are eaten either dried or fried.
Decoctions and infusions based on watermelon seeds contribute to the elimination of worms from the body. 200 grams of seeds are crushed using a blender or pusher. The grain particles should not be very small.
Then the gruel is poured with 1 liter of water and put on fire. You need to boil for 45 minutes in a water bath. After the resulting broth has cooled, it is filtered. Drink a decoction of 200 milliliters every day for two weeks.
Another remedy for worms is prepared on the basis of grains and milk. Dry the grains in the oven and grind. Then pour milk in a ratio of 1:10. Drink this milk in the morning before meals for two weeks.
Reduces high blood pressure
Watermelon seeds tend to lower blood pressure in hypertension. To prepare a remedy for pressure, you need to take 300 grams of seeds and divide them into two equal parts. Dry one part of the grains in the oven, the other part under the open sun. Grind both parts in a blender and combine. Take half of one teaspoon daily for one month.
Before using watermelon seeds to stabilize pressure in hypertension, you must first consult a doctor. If this is not done, then you can only worsen your health.
Stops uterine bleeding
The beneficial properties of grains will help women cope with uterine bleeding. It is easy to prepare a remedy for bleeding. To do this, you need to take 100 grams of seeds. Then pour them with two glasses of boiling water. Cover and leave to infuse. Take 100 milliliters between meals twice a day.
Before using the infusion to stop uterine bleeding, you need to see your doctor. Uterine bleeding is a dangerous symptom that, if assistance is not provided in a timely manner, can lead to serious consequences, including death.
How to cook watermelon seeds
Although rarely used in cooking, watermelon seeds can be eaten. Most people immediately throw out bones, without even assuming that this is a nutritious product, which contains a large amount of vitamins and minerals.
Dried watermelon seeds can replace salted peanuts and regular seeds. Drying your seeds is pretty easy. To do this, the seeds are washed under running water so that they do not have the taste of watermelon, and sprinkled with a thin layer on a paper towel. When the seeds are a little dry, they are transferred to a baking sheet and put into the oven. The oven is preheated to 180 degrees. You need to dry the seeds for 30 minutes at a temperature of 80 degrees.
For those who have not tried fried watermelon seeds yet, it is high time to try this dish. Plus, making the seeds is easy.
Stages of frying watermelon seeds:
- Rinse watermelon seeds under running water and dry on a towel or in the sun.
- While the seeds are drying, you need to prepare the brine.
- To prepare the brine, take 60 milliliters of water and 1 teaspoon of table salt.
- Heat a frying pan and place the seeds on it.
- After a while (after about 5 minutes) pour out the brine.
- Fry the seeds until all the brine has evaporated.
- The dish is ready after all the water has boiled away and the seeds are dry.
- Wait for the seeds to cool.
Roasted watermelon seeds are an alternative to the usual sunflower and pumpkin seeds.
To make oil based on watermelon seeds, few ingredients are required - only vegetable oil and seeds. And it's easier to cook than it seems at first glance.
- Rinse the seeds in water and dry on a towel.
- Then pour into a glass jar and cover with vegetable oil.
- Insist for three weeks in a dark, well-ventilated area.
- After 3 weeks, strain the oil.
Oil should be drunk in the morning before the first meal, 1 teaspoon. It is not recommended to drink it with water.
Another way to get oil is to put the seeds under a press and squeeze the oil out of them. From 1 kilogram of seeds, only 300 grams of oil is obtained. But, unlike the first option, it will be clean.
Contraindications to the use of seeds
While watermelon seeds are considered relatively safe, they can be harmful. First of all, citrulline is a part of the grains. Upon penetration into the body, the substance decomposes and is converted into ammonia. Among other contraindications for the use of watermelon grains, the following are distinguished:
- Individual intolerance.
- It is not recommended to eat seeds for pregnant women and women during lactation.
- Seeds are contraindicated for people who suffer from kidney and bladder diseases.
- Children under 3 years old.
- Due to the high calorie content, it is not advisable to abuse the product for obese people.
For the rest, it is allowed to eat grains. It is a nutritious product that makes up for the lack of minerals in the human body. The main thing is to choose the right watermelon. Indeed, if a high content of nitrates is present in the pulp of a berry, then the content of this substance in the seeds will also be increased. And this, in turn, can lead to serious poisoning.