Potato "Assol" belongs to the category of early varieties, which are very in demand by consumers and potato growers in our country. Of course, early potatoes have their own characteristics, and among its main advantages is a low coefficient of damage to planting with late blight. In addition, vegetable growers have the opportunity to get not one, but two harvests of this popular vegetable crop from one plot per season.
The manufacturer of the seed material for Assol potatoes is the well-known and well-established company SedeK. An early variety showing high productivity regardless of weather conditions and climatic zone.
The bushes are erect, semi-spreading. Potato tubers aligned in shape and size, elongated oval. The peel on the potato is smooth, light, with superficial eyes. The pulp of the tubers is light yellow, closer to the cream color, slightly digestible.
Potato "Assol" has complex resistance to diseases such as late blight and nematode, as well as to viral lesions. The description of the variety indicates the excellent adaptability of this potato to almost any adverse conditions. The ripening period of this early ripe variety varies between 70-90 days.
Potato "Assol": harvesting
Dates and features of landing
Potato "Assol" should be planted in fertile and light soil, which is warmed up to + 8-10 C. When planting, it is recommended to follow the following agricultural requirements:
- fertilize the soil for planting, preferably in the fall, improving its quality composition with the help of humus;
- for each square meter of planting area, it is recommended to add about 10 liters of well-rotted manure;
- if there is acidic soil on the landing site, it is necessary to carry out high-quality liming in the fall;
- for planting in order to obtain high-quality and high yield, it is recommended to use a good varietal seed material;
- potatoes are responsive to the application at the planting stage of fertilizers containing magnesium, nitrogen, potassium, sulfur, phosphorus, iron, magnesium;
- to create landing rows, it is best to use a stretched cord, leaving a distance between rows of 70 cm, and between holes about 30 cm;
- a handful of quality humus must be added to the hole, and then the tuber should be sprouted up.
After planting several rows of potatoes, it is recommended to carefully level the area with a rake. It’s very important not to thicken the potato planting, as this can negatively affect the yield and reduce the quality of the resulting crop.
Potato varieties "Assol" shows a high yield, subject to agricultural technology and the implementation of competent, timely care:
- approximately ten days or two weeks after planting the tubers, weeding should be performed, followed by hilling or loosening of the row-spacings;
- three weeks after emergence, it is recommended to carry out preventive spraying of potato tops from late blight and Colorado potato beetle;
- with a small amount on the plantings of a pest such as the Colorado potato beetle, it is advisable to replace the use of chemicals with manual collection of parasites;
- during a drought, irrigation measures should be carried out, filling the recesses in the aisles with water;
- in case of over-dried soil, irrigation is carried out at least three times a month using a large amount of water.
Further care for potato plantings is to carry out several dressings with slurry or bird droppings, weeding and timely hilling of plants.
Harvesting is the most time-consuming job in potato growing. The quality of the harvesting of potatoes to a large extent depends on the yield and indicators of keeping tubers at the storage stage.
Reviews of gardeners
As a rule, gardeners begin to cultivate new and promising varieties of potatoes only when the previous variety significantly reduces productivity as a result of degeneration. Assol potatoes are well known to many gardeners who cultivate this vegetable crop in household plots. Experts recommend cultivating this variety from seed material that can be planted on seedlings with both soaked and dry seeds.
How to prepare potatoes for planting
Reviews of gardeners characterize the seed as having an insufficiently high level of germination, so the seeds should be purchased with a large margin. With proper care, the first sprouts appear after about a week. At the end of the growing season, approximately three to four potatoes are formed in each hole, the size of which does not exceed a quail egg. At the next planting of these tubers, a high and high-quality crop is obtained.