Cucumber "Adam f1" from the originator "Bejo Zaden" is an early ripe partenocarpic hybrid, which shows a high yield in the climatic conditions of our country.
The hybrid form of cucumbers "Adam f1" refers to early-ripening vegetable crops and is intended for use in salads, pickling and pickling. Bushes are vigorous, medium-ply, with a female type of flowering. Harvest is formed 50 days after sowing.
Zelentsy are green or dark green, with short light streaks and weak spotting. The fruits have a cylindrical shape, a finely tuberous surface with a slight white pubescence. The pulp is juicy, crispy, very fragrant and sweet. The average length of Zelentsy is 12 cm and the average weight is 92 g.
Hybrid "Adam f1" is included in the State Register for cultivation in garden plots, in home gardens and small farms. It bears fruit well both in open ground and on ridges under temporary film shelter or in greenhouses.
Advantages and disadvantages
Cucumber "Adam f1" has a very high resistance to defeat by cladosporiosis, cucumber mosaic virus and powdery mildew. In addition, this hybrid form has a number of advantages:
- high productivity and early ripening;
- presentation and evenness of greens;
- long storage and good crop mobility;
- very good taste of the fruit.
The marketable yield of ripened greens can vary from 8.3 to 10.3 kg per square meter.
Cucumbers: varieties and hybrids
The high-yielding early ripe hybrid grade "Adam" is characterized by excellent resistance to adverse environmental influences. It can be grown by direct sowing on ridges of open ground, taking into account the following recommendations:
- hybrid seeds do not need pre-sowing treatment and heating;
- seeds should be placed before peeling in water at room temperature;
- in order to increase cold resistance, seeds should be hardened by placing in the refrigerator for a day;
- prepared seeds should be sown in planting containers, represented by plastic or peat-humus pots, which must be filled with light and nutritious soil;
- containers with planted seed are important to maintain at a temperature of +24 to + 28 ° C until mass germination;
- in order to protect seedlings from stretching, it is necessary to organize their additional illumination, as well as lower the temperature to 20 ° C;
- the seedling period from sowing seed to planting the finished seedlings should not exceed 3.5-4 weeks.
When sowing seeds or transplanting seedlings, a 30 × 70 centimeter scheme is used. In addition, it is important to take into account the peculiarities of sowing seeds and planting seedlings in a permanent place:
- sowing and planting seedlings should begin when the soil warms up to 16 ° C, and the air temperature reaches 18-20 ° C heat;
- a week before planting, seedlings are quenched, which for this purpose must be taken out into the street;
- a day before planting seedlings, the soil in containers should be shed abundantly with warm and settled water.
Care for emerged seedlings and planted seedlings is standard for all hybrid cucumbers.
Cucumbers called "Adam" are not too demanding and need to follow the most basic rules of agricultural technology.
- You should not cultivate cucumbers in the same area more than once every five years. Neglect of this requirement increases the risk of damage to vegetable crops by diseases and pests.
- The ridges on which hybrid cucumbers are grown, whether it be open ground or a greenhouse, must always be cleaned of weeds.
- The root system of cucumbers often enough is exposed, and it is necessary to regularly carry out shallow loosening of the soil with the earthing up of plants.
- Irrigation measures should be carried out before the flowering phase every week, and at the fruiting stage, the frequency of watering should be increased to two times a week.
- For irrigation in the evening, free of chlorine, heated to a temperature of 24 ° C, is used.
- Greenhouse cucumbers should be fed about five times per season, alternating organic and mineral fertilizers. Optimal feeding is using bird droppings or mullein, which can be replaced with the preparations “breadwinner”, “Fertility”, “Ideal” or sodium humate.
- After the sixth leaf, you should pinch the main stem, which can stimulate the branching of the plant and increase productivity.
Convenience in the care of cucumbers will provide a trellis method of growing, which involves tying cucumber lashes to a stretched wire in order to improve lighting for uniform and full ripening of fruits. The systematic collection of greens encourages more abundant and regular fruit formation.
You may also be interested in an article in which we talk about early varieties of cucumbers.
Reviews of vegetable growers
Cucumber "Adam f1" is a hybrid form, reviews of which are mostly positive. Many gardeners appreciate this new hybrid form for its powerful growth, good and stable fruiting, lack of bitterness in greenery, and continuous fruiting. Cucumbers have not only a very attractive appearance, but also excellent consumer qualities, including fragrant and crisp flesh, as well as very small seeds.
The seed material of Adam cucumbers from the Siberian Agrosoyuz company has been treated with modern effective antifungal agents, which give the seeds a very attractive emerald stain and contribute to their protection against major diseases.
How to form a cucumber bush
It must be remembered that any hybrid varieties with the designation F1 are not capable of preserving their unique properties in the second generation, and the collection of seed material from greenhouses independently grown in the infield is absolutely unpromising.