The new hybrid form of cucumbers "Everyone envy f1" refers to the parthenocarpic, high-yielding and early-ripening bunch gherkin varieties demanded by gardeners.
A self-pollinated cucumber with the promising name "To All Envy" can be grown both on ridges of open ground, and in film tunnels or spring greenhouses. The hybrid not only has integrated resistance to the most common diseases of cucumber and adverse weather conditions, but also is characterized by the formation of a stably high yield regardless of cultivation conditions.
Lateral shoots grow very well. The plant is characterized by self-regulation of branching, which allows for the duration and abundance of fruiting. Each node forms from 3 to 6, and sometimes even more quality ovaries.
Zelentsy are very beautiful, have a bright green color and white spikes, and have a moderate pubescence. The average length of the fetus varies from 9 to 12 cm. The shape of the cucumbers is neat. The pulp is quite dense and very crispy. Zelentsy have excellent taste and are well suited for salting.
A significant advantage of this hybrid is the possibility of abundant and very stable fruiting plants in low light conditions, which makes it possible to grow these cucumbers as a room crop. The hybrid form is resistant to powdery mildew, olive blotch, and mosaic virus. Tolerance to defeat by downy mildew and root rot is characteristic.
Varieties of beam cucumbers
Advantages and disadvantages
Cucumbers of the hybrid form "Everyone envy" belong to the elite category, due to a large number of advantages:
- self-pollinated hybrid guarantees stable yield even in the absence of pollinating insects;
- marketability and high taste of the collected fruits;
- high and stable productivity;
- the possibility of universal use of the crop;
- excellent transportability and the possibility of long-term storage of vegetables;
- the possibility of growing as a room culture;
- lack of bitterness in the taste of cucumbers, subject to agricultural technology.
High resistance to damage by various diseases has a beneficial effect on productivity and reduces the need for chemicals. The hybrid has virtually no pronounced disadvantages that can adversely affect the growth and development of the plant.
Cucumbers of this hybrid form can be grown by sowing seeds in the soil or seedlings, taking into account the following features:
- to obtain high-quality and strong seedlings, sowing of seeds should be carried out in the last ten days of March or in the first days of April;
- the depth of sowing seeds is about 1.5-2 cm;
- optimal conditions for growing seedlings are air temperature +25 ˚С and soil warming up to + 14-15 ˚С;
- it is very important to plant grown seedlings on beds in open ground only when the threat of late spring frosts is completely gone.
Crops must be covered with any non-woven protective material or plastic wrap. The scheme of planting seedlings is 60 x 15 cm. Planted plants need to be shaded from the scorching sun.
When growing bunch hybrids, the following agrotechnical methods should be used, which positively affect the yield of plants and the quality of greens:
- optimal is the formation of plants strictly into a single stem, which improves the illumination of the main stem and provides enhanced nutrition of the formed ovaries;
- it is necessary to blind the bottom three or four nodes, and then absolutely all shoots are subject to removal to the trellis;
- each node located on the main stem should have one leaf and form a bunch of greenery;
- after the first crop of green leaves is formed on the main stem, the plant should be fed with nitrogen fertilizer;
- in addition to nitrogen, high-quality complex fertilizers should be used to feed fruiting plants;
- timely top dressing allows you to form new ovaries of cucumbers in the axils of the leaves;
- watering of cucumbers should be plentiful and regular enough, which will protect the ridges from drying out the soil and have a beneficial effect on the quality of greenhouses
- For preventive spraying that is sufficiently resistant to diseases and pests, plants should use natural and environmentally friendly means - infusion of nightshade leaves or onions with garlic.
In order to properly form a plant and get a high crop of quality fruits, cucumber seedlings should be planted quite rarely. It is recommended to plant no more than a pair of plants for each square meter of the area of the garden. It is also necessary to conduct regular harvesting. Compliance with the rules of agricultural technology contributes to a yield of 40 kg per square meter.
We also offer you to get acquainted with the varietal characteristics of cucumbers "Zyatek".
Reviews of vegetable growers
According to the reviews of gardeners who have already managed to get to know the Hybrid Envy hybrid cucumber better, plants are characterized by productivity, visual appeal and the formation of very beautiful green lashes. Cucumbers have no significant flaws and fully justify their somewhat unusual name. Among the most significant disadvantages for vegetable growers are the rather high cost of seeds of this hybrid, as well as the inability to independently prepare seed material.
How to grow cucumbers
The value of the variety is its pronounced resistance to stress, which can be caused by adverse weather conditions. There is a very high level of fruit setting in hot or, conversely, in cool and too cloudy weather. Even in relatively cold summers, a stable yield of cucumbers of the hybrid form "Everyone envy f1" is observed.