Widely known in Russia, the bee-pollinated and high-yielding hybrid for open ground and film shelters cucumber "Rodnichok f1" still has not lost its relevance for cultivation on LPH. The originators of this successful and popular hybrid form were A.A. Mashtakov and agricultural company "Search".
The famous cucumber "Rodnichok" is known to most gardeners and vegetable growers in Russia and neighboring countries. This hybrid with high productivity belongs to the category of bee pollinated mid-ripe cucumbers, the green leaves of which are used both in fresh and canned form. The hybrid form enters fruiting on average 50 days after germination.
The plant is tall, with medium branching and predominantly female flowering. Typical bundle formation of ovaries in an amount of 2-3 per node. Up to five lateral shoots can form on a plant. The total yield is from 17 kg to 25 kg per square meter when cultivated in sheltered soil and about 6.5 kg in open ground. The plant is practically not affected by anthracnosis, ascochitosis, bacteriosis, powdery mildew, peronosporosis and olive spotting.
Zelentsy has a cylindrical shape, aligned in size, with a diameter in cross section of about 5 cm. The length of the green stuff does not exceed 12 cm, and the weight reaches 105 g. The surface is green with weak tuberosity. The pulp is fragrant, without voids, crispy and without bitterness. The plant is characterized by decent disease resistance.
Advantages and disadvantages
Cucumbers under the name "Rodnichok" became famous thanks to many advantages that distinguish this hybrid from many varieties and hybrid forms:
- universal hybrid that can be used in salads, home cooking, preservation and is ideal for salting;
- does not impose special requirements for cultivation and is easy to care for;
- tolerance to bacteriosis;
- tolerance to olive spotting;
- resistance to anthracnose;
- the possibility of growing in open or protected ground;
- great taste and appearance;
- marketability and the possibility of transportation with subsequent implementation;
- high productivity, which is almost independent of care.
Special care for this hybrid form is not required, however, with insufficient moisture on the greens, bitterness appears, so they can only be used in pickling and preservation.
Cucumber "fontanelle f1" in film greenhouses forms a larger crop than in open ground. Zelentsy ripen high-quality, which allows you to grow this hybrid form for both their own consumption and for the purpose of sales.
Cucumber "fontanel f1": features of the variety
Cucumber "Rodnichok" responds well to competent agricultural technology and is most often grown in seedlings. However, sowing directly on the beds is allowed.
Outdoor Landing Technology
Before sowing seeds in unprotected soil, it is recommended to carry out the following measures to improve germination:
- it is required to select the most full-bodied and standard-sized seeds, subject them to disinfection, treatment with stimulants, hardening and soaking;
- the seeds should be buried in the soil by about 1.5-2 cm;
- sowing is recommended to be carried out depending on the cultivation region and weather not earlier than May - early June;
- during the thinning procedure for each meter of planting, 3-4 plants should be left with a distance of 30-35 cm;
- crops must be protected from lower temperatures at night.
Seeds under optimal conditions germinate very quickly. The first seedlings appear 2-4 days after sowing with dry seeds and after 1-2 days - after sowing seeds that have become sticky.
Seedling growing technology
When growing seedlings in greenhouse structures or home premises, high phytosanitary requirements are imposed on the growing conditions. In addition, it is necessary to create optimal microclimatic conditions and follow the rules for the care of seedlings:
- pre-sowing preparation of seeds is carried out to disinfect and stimulate the simultaneous emergence of seedlings;
- uniformity and intensity of starting seedling growth is achieved by treating the seeds with epin, ethamon, zircon, Narcissus or humisol;
- it is best to use special purchased seedlings for vegetable plants to fill planting containers;
- Self-made soil mixture for seedlings must be treated with special preparations, among which Gamair, Agat-25, Fitosporin and Planriz are highly effective;
- the standard volume of a cartridge or planting pot is 50-55 ml with a seeding depth of 1.5 cm;
- until seedlings appear, the temperature should be maintained at 25 ° C, and then reduced by approximately 5 ° C during the day and by 10 ° C at night;
- picking is done in seedlings, the volume of which is 80 ml, and the dimensions are about 4.5 × 4.5 cm.
To protect against diseases and pests, preventive spraying should be carried out. Confidor or "Topaz".
Hardening of seedlings involves the artificial creation of temperature and light conditions for plants in the last week before planting. Conditions should be as close as possible to those observed at a permanent place of cultivation. You can plant seedlings in a permanent place after the age of the plants is 25-27 days.
Cucumber "fontanel f1" is not too picky about care, but The main cultivation technology consists of the following measures important for plants at all stages of the growing season:
- watering should be carried out with warm water as the soil dries up, avoiding waterlogging or overdrying of the soil;
- periodic loosening of the upper soil layer and hilling of bare cucumber roots with soil is necessary;
- it is required to use organic mulch to maintain moisture and protect ridges from weeds;
- systematically weed and inspect plants for damage by pests or diseases;
- regular harvesting.
When cultivating cucumbers of this hybrid form in greenhouse conditions, it is recommended to pinch the main lash directly above the trellis, and it is advisable to pinch the side lashes above the second or third knot.
After reading the corresponding article on our resource, you can learn about the varietal characteristics of cucumbers "Competitor".
Reviews of vegetable growers
Cucumbers "Rodnichok" are most often considered by vegetable growers to be classic, Tested and tested Russian varieties, suitable for cultivation in almost any conditions. Zelentsy are good fresh and canned. This hybrid can be found both in personal household plots and in farm greenhouses. Cucumbers have a very beautiful shape, green even coloring. All greenery is neat and convenient for preservation, and also very tasty when salted.
Experienced gardeners to prevent diseases are sprayed with cucumber bushes with a soap solution or infusion of tomato tops. Plant care consists of watering, weeding, cultivating, and mandatory fertilizing with organic fertilizers to stimulate a friendly and high yield. Harvested greens do not turn brown during storage, yellowness does not form, they are very much in demand by consumers.
Varieties and hybrids of cucumbers
At the moment, according to most summer residents, this hybrid is indispensable for the combination of availability, productivity, reliability and unpretentiousness. Many vegetable growers stopped at the Rodnichok hybrid, after having tried many varieties and hybrid forms in cultivation, and at the moment have not found a worthy replacement for these cucumbers among proven varieties or new products.