Potato "Zekura" refers to mid-early table varieties, a full crop is formed in 90-100 days, and the first digging can be done already on the 65-80th day. The originators of the variety are Oktyabrskoye and Samara-Solana CJSC.
Potato "Zekura" is included in the State Register of our country and is recommended for cultivation in the territories of the Central Black Earth Region. The variety was bred by German breeders, but perfectly adapted for cultivation in Russia, Moldova, Ukraine and Belarus.
Bushes of potatoes "Zekura" intermediate, medium in height. Corollas of flowers have a reddish-violet color. The base of the sprout is also colored red-violet. The root tubers are oblong in shape, covered with a smooth peel of yellow color and are distinguished by small, inconspicuous eyes.
The pulp is yellow in color, with a starch content of 13-18.2%. The average mass of marketable root vegetables can vary from 59 to 150 g. The number of tubers in the nest can be 12-15 pcs. The total yield with proper care and acceptable climatic conditions reaches 323-325 kg / ha.
The best varieties of potatoes
Potato "Zekura" bred by German breeders for cultivation in Central Europe, but perfectly adapted to other climatic conditions. The variety is supplied by Germany, Samara-Solana CJSC and, according to most consumers, is the most delicious of the Western European varieties.
The value of potatoes of this variety are nematode resistance, stable and high productivity and good taste of the pulp. In addition, the variety is immunized with a sufficiently large range of diseases and pests. The originators in the description and characterization of the variety declared weak susceptibility to the leaf curl virus, viruses U and A, late blight of leaves and tubers. Potatoes of this variety are rarely affected by scab, as well as glandular spotting.
Variety "Zekura" is quite resistant to drought and not particularly whimsical to care for. The shelf life of the harvested crop is very long and with minimal losses. The marketability of tubers varies from 79 to 96%.
Relatively high rates of resistance to the main, most dangerous, diseases of potatoes make it possible to reduce the number of treatments of seed material in preparation for planting. The main attention should be paid to the rejection of unsuitable tubers for planting, as well as such activities as germination for at least two weeks and planting seeds. When landing, you should pay attention to the following recommendations:
- Planting is carried out in the soil, heated to a depth of at least 10-15 cm to a temperature of + 8-10 ° C, which accelerates germination and protects the tubers from decay.
- Planting is carried out in rows, according to the pattern of 60 x 35 cm, with a depth of planting material of about 8-10 cm, depending on the type of soil.
- According to experienced potato growers and agronomists, the local introduction of Peaks active fertilizer in each planting hole allows increasing the yield of potatoes of the Zekura variety. The use of Finnish complex chlorine-free fertilizers that are rich in trace elements, Kemira Universal and Kemira Potato, also contributes to a significant increase in the yield of this variety.
Timely updating of planting material should not be neglected in order to avoid a natural decline in productivity due to degeneration of the variety.
Potatoes of the Zekura variety are undemanding in care, quickly adapt to climatic conditions in the cultivation region, and adapted to easily tolerate adverse weather conditions, including short-term cooling, high temperature indicators and dry periods. Almost equally good yields are observed when grown both in Siberian regions and in the arid climate on the potato fields of Kazakhstan.
It is necessary to carry out a number of events:
- A week after planting potato tubers in the ground, the first (pre-emergence) harrowing is carried out. Loosening can be carried out using a harrow or a heavy rake. To protect against late spring frosts, it is recommended to carry out a full full-scale earthing up of potato tops “with your head”. Particular effectiveness and additional formation of stolons (underground shoots) is observed when hilling at least three times per season.
- A very convenient way that minimizes the cost of funds, effort and time for weeding, watering and cultivating is mulching potato plantings. Mulching effectively protects the soil from overheating and excessive evaporation of moisture. As a mulch, it is advisable to use humus, rotted sawdust or needles.
- If the soil is not covered by mulch and its drying to a considerable depth is observed, then irrigation measures are carried out, as well as sprinkling of potato tops. After the moisture has saturated the soil to a sufficient depth, it is recommended to carry out loosening, which will simplify air access to the root system and destroy the soil crust that forms on a moist surface.
You might also be interested in material that talks about Blue Danube potatoes.
The description of the variety "Zekura" allows you to give this potato the highest possible rating. This is one of the most unpretentious and productive varieties, with high ability to store throughout the winter period.
Reviews of gardeners in most cases are very positive, and the variety is loved and demanded by Russian, Belarusian, Moldavian and Ukrainian potato growers, due to the fact that breeders successfully combined in this variety endurance, optimal ripening and high taste qualities of tubers. Digging such potatoes is very convenient due to the compact arrangement of tubers in the nest. Gardeners collect a little more than a dozen tubers from each bush, and each weighs from 100 to 200 g. To a large number of the most common diseases and plant parasites, the variety is completely not susceptible.
How to grow potatoes
It is noticed that in a dark place, at a temperature of + 1-2 ° C, the crop is perfectly preserved for at least six months and during storage does not lose its excellent taste. The meaty and medium-digestible potato flesh of this variety is very tasty and suitable for cooking almost any home-made dish.