Despite the relative novelty of the hybrid form of grapes "Victor", many gardeners and winegrowers have already appreciated it because of its exceptional commercial qualities.
Grapes "Victor" refers to the early table hybrids. Received by amateur breeder V. N. Krainov when crossing a parental pair of varieties "Talisman" and "Kishmish Luchisty".
Grapes "Victor" compares favorably with most other hybrid forms and varieties with a high growth rate of shoots, as well as a rapidly growing and well-ripening vine. It belongs to the number of hybrids with a very early or early, depending on the region of cultivation, maturity (after 100-110 days). Bushes have great growth power.
Bisexual flowers are well pollinated. Grape brush can be both medium and large enough, which is completely dependent on care. The average weight is clustered from 550 to 800 g, however, subject to agricultural technology, it can reach 1 kg or more. Grape brush has a medium density. Irrigation is practically not observed.
Grapes "Victor" is able to form large enough identical in shape and size berries weighing about 15 g. The berry can be either oval or finger-shaped with a point at the end.
The color of the berries is light pink or lilac, as well as red or purple (in the phase of complete ripening). The pulp has an average density and is characterized by a harmonious, very pleasant taste. Peel of medium thickness, edible.
Grapes "Victor": features of the variety
Advantages and disadvantages
The hybrid form of grapes "Victor" compares favorably with external characteristics and taste. Among the advantages of the described variety should be highlighted:
- the possibility of eating fresh berries;
- excellent self-pollination of flowers;
- stable fruiting of grape bushes;
- lack of peeling berries;
- the possibility of obtaining a very early and high yield;
- intensive growth of shoots;
- ripening of approximately 2/3 of the vine;
- easy and affordable propagation due to the excellent rooting of cuttings and good adaptability of seedlings;
- high frost resistance (up to -23 ° С);
- resistance to defeat by gray rot, mildew and oidium.
An important disadvantage for winegrowers in this hybrid form is the frequent damage to ripe berries with wasps. In addition, the early flowering period contributes to the risk of damage to the ovaries by recurrent, late spring frosts.
Grapes "Victor" is unpretentious and perfectly takes root in almost any area. However, a very early ripening period and some other features require compliance with a number of conditions:
- planting grape bushes should be on minor hills, where the risk of plant damage by return frosts will be minimal;
- it is advisable to divert the southern or southwestern part of the plot to the vineyards, which will be protected from the north wind by any structure;
- it is recommended to use chernozem or any other light type of soil that allows water to pass through well, with groundwater occurring at a depth of 2 m;
- the depth and width of the planting pit for grape seedlings should be at least 80 cm;
- should take about 1/3 of the planting pit with fertile soil, humus, mineral fertilizers consisting of nitrogen, potassium salt and superphosphate;
- 1/3 of the planted pit should be settled within a month so that the soil settles and mineral fertilizers penetrate to the required depth.
Installed seedlings are gently covered with fertile soil 5 cm below the basal neck. Then, carefully, but very carefully, tamp the soil and, after watering the plant, fix it on a support.
The hybrid form of Victor grapes is not too demanding to care for. To obtain a stable and full-fledged crop, it is important to follow the basic care measures, which are not difficult even for beginner gardeners:
- watering should be plentiful and timely. It is impossible to allow both overdrying of the soil, and excessive overmoistening of the soil;
- to maintain stable soil moisture, it is necessary to mulch with manure or sawdust;
- it is important to monitor the cleanliness of the soil around the vine bushes and to systematically loosen the soil to increase aeration;
- in the spring, it is recommended to carry out katarovka (pruning of dew roots).
The variety is resistant to damage by the main and most dangerous diseases for grapes, does not require large-scale protective measures and can easily tolerate a decrease in temperature.
How to form a bush of grapes
Gardeners consider the Victor grapes unsurpassed in a number of indicators: storage, transportability, and appearance - as a variety, both for cultivation and for sale.
Variety Victor is an excellent, highly resistant, promising hybrid form of grape.