The new hybrid cucumber "Liliput f1" refers to parthenocarpic, or self-pollinated, and is characterized not only by high productivity, but also by excellent commercial qualities, as well as excellent taste indices. The originator is the Gavrish group of companies, and the hybrid form itself and its description are included in the State Register of the Russian Federation as a vegetable crop intended for cultivation in the middle lane under film shelter.
Cucumber "Liliput f1" comes into fruiting a month and a half after the appearance of full-fledged seedlings. Bushes are medium-sized, female flowering type. Each node forms about three ovaries. The length of the cylindrical shape of Zelentsy is 7–9 cm. The surface is medium-hilly, with white pubescence. The average weight of the fetus is not more than 85-90 g. Marketable yield subject to the rules of planting and favorable growing conditions reaches 10.8 kg / sq. m
Advantages and disadvantages
Cucumber called "Liliput f1" belongs to the category of hybrids, which have many advantages that determine the popularity and relevance of this variety:
- self-pollination, female type of flowering;
- use not only in fresh form, but also for salting and pickling;
- very early and massive fruit formation;
- excellent taste and high yield;
- marketability of greens and good keeping quality;
- the formation of determinant side shoots;
- tolerance to peronosporosis;
- integrated disease resistance.
The hybrid form is unpretentious, bears fruit well on almost all types of soil and is suitable for cultivation in most regions of our country.
How to plant cucumbers
Hybrid cucumbers are contraindicated in acidic, heavy or too waterlogged soil without a sufficient amount of organic matter. On waterlogged soils under cucumbers ridges 30-40 cm high with high-quality, fertile bulk soil are used. An excellent fertilizer for growing this vegetable crop is not only high-quality manure, but also mowed grass, sawdust, and fallen leaves.
Cucumbers "Liliput f1" can be grown not only by direct sowing directly into the soil, but also using the seedling method. In the last decade of April or early May, sowing of prepared seeds for seedlings in greenhouse ridges should be carried out. Three weeks later, when two true leaflets appear, seedlings can be transplanted on ridges of open ground according to the scheme 50x50 cm and with the use of temporary film shelter.
When directly sowing seeds on ridges of open ground, you should correctly select the dates that occur in the last decade of May or the first days of June. The soil should be well warmed up and possess not only fertility, but also sufficient air permeability. When warm weather sets in, seeds are sown to a depth of about 2 cm. There are two ways to grow hybrid cucumbers on ridges in open ground: horizontal and vertical. Both methods guarantee good yield only if the cultivation technology is followed and the plants are properly taken care of.
Liliput f1 cucumbers are not among the most demanding vegetable crops, but proper care becomes a guarantee of high productivity and quality of formed greens:
- Cucumbers are easiest to grow on trellises, since in this case all Zelentsy are very clearly visible, it is easy to remove excess foliage, and it is also convenient to carry out activities such as watering, top dressing and weeding, followed by loosening of the soil. Plants of this variety tolerate temperature differences rather poorly, so it is best to grow cucumbers on warm beds well fertilized with manure or rotted fallen leaves.
- Growing cucumbers in greenhouse conditions involves slightly different activities than leaving when cultivating this vegetable crop on ridges of open ground, and is based on observing microclimatic conditions.
- Cucumber Irrigation very often carried out using a garden spray, but the most optimal is the use of drip irrigation system on the ridges.
- Feeding cucumbers Wood ash is considered a very effective and affordable tool that positively affects the growth and development of this vegetable crop, and phosphorus fertilizers are used as regular top dressing of cucumbers in greenhouses and greenhouses.
- It is very important to conduct timely weeding or reduce their number by mulching landings.
Preventive spraying of plantings from diseases and pests is a guarantee of plant health and long-term fruiting.
Recently, modern hybrid forms of vegetable crops have been especially popular, and the cucumber "Liliput-f1" is no exception. Reviews about this hybrid are very good, Zelentsy is in demand as an early vegetable product. During one season, gardeners collect an average of 11 kg of high-quality gherkins and pickles of the Liliput variety from each square meter.
Pickles are collected every day, and in order to get fresh gherkins, it is enough to harvest every other day. Cucumbers grow very tasty, thin-walled, crunchy and finely bubbled. Hybrid cucumber "Liliput f1" is not without reason vegetable growers are called a variety for the lazy, as it is great for those who can come to the garden only on weekends.