Early ripe cucumber "Mazay f1" belongs to the hybrid group and is characterized by parthenocarpic type of pollination. It is included in the State Register of the Russian Federation for the third light zone. The originators of this popular and sought-after variety were A.V. Borisov and O.N. Krylov. The hybrid is intended for cultivation in garden plots, as well as in home gardens and small farms.
The early ripening parthenocarpic gherkin hybrid "Mazai f1" has medium-branched plants with two ovaries in each node. The plant is a female type of flowering, the crop is formed a month and a half after germination.
Zelentsy are 10-14 cm long, in the transverse section they are round-trihedral. The fruits are distinguished by an aligned cylindrical shape. The surface is green with rare and superficial large tubercles. The green mass is 100-122 g. Pulp without voids and bitterness.
Advantages and disadvantages
Cucumber "Mazay f1" is recommended for cultivation in greenhouse and greenhouse structures, as well as tunnels. In the southern regions, gardeners sow it on beds in open ground. This hybrid form has many advantages and is almost completely devoid of disadvantages. The main, most important, benefits include the following:
- super-early hybrid with early crop formation;
- friendly and massive return of the crop;
- female or predominantly female type of flowering;
- the vegetative and reproductive abilities of this variety are very high;
- simultaneous pouring of a large number of greens;
- tuberous, white-spiked, with medium pubescence, greenbacks are very attractive;
- high palatability and pickling qualities;
- yield of marketable products not less than 98%;
- resistance to olive spotting and PTO;
- the variety is tolerant to LMR and practically not susceptible to root rot.
The branching of the plant is small, which facilitates the process of caring for cucumber bushes and accelerates the harvest. Indicators of commodity productivity in the spring-summer turnover reach about 6.7-6.9 kg / sq. m
How to plant cucumbers
Such a vegetable crop as the Mazay f1 hybrid cucumber is demanding of heat, as well as good humidity of the soil and air. To place such a plant should be on fertile, loose and humus-rich soils. Further landing rules are as follows:
- in the autumn, soil cultivation and fertilizing are carried out, and in spring, the soil should be loosened and leveled;
- it is very important to observe crop rotation and not to plant cucumbers on ridges after pumpkin vegetable crops;
- after warming up the soil to a depth of 10-12 cm and sufficient positive average daily temperatures, the ridges are prepared for planting;
- ridges 20-25 cm high are prepared, a layer of organic matter is laid on top of them and 10 cm of abundantly moistened fertile soil is poured;
- at the optimum temperature for germination, which is + 20-25 ° C, mass shoots appear in about a week;
- seedlings at the age of three weeks should be planted on May 5-10 in two rows with a distance of 0.5-0.6 m and a gap between planting holes of 30-35 cm.
The standard planting density of cucumbers on ridges in greenhouses is 2-3 plants per square meter. When growing this hybrid form on ridges in open ground - 3-5 plants.
Cucumber "Mazay-f1" at all stages of its development needs to conduct competent agricultural activities:
- During the mass formation of fruits, irrigation is especially important, but even at the very beginning of the growing season, a cucumber needs water once every two days, with a flow rate of at least 7-8 liters per square meter of cucumber plantings.
- When cultivating cucumbers in open ground in the season of prolonged rains, the danger of the rapid spread of rot increases sharply, so it is very important not to allow thickening of cucumber lashes and timely thinning of plants.
- Cucumbers need systematic top dressing, which can be used as ready-made mixtures intended for pumpkin crops, or an infused manure solution.
- For the proper growth and development of plants, the root system requires air, so loosening the soil should be done to improve soil aeration. It is especially important to do this after watering and rains.
- Weeding cucumber ridges is also always combined with cultivation.
Cucumber "Mazay f1", despite the relative novelty, earned very positive reviews and high marks from gardeners. Due to the fact that Mazay is a hybrid form of early ripening, vegetable growers have a great opportunity to get the earliest harvest not only in greenhouses and greenhouses, but also on ridges in open ground.
Cucumbers are medium-sized and slightly pubescent, and the average yield, even in adverse years, does not fall below 12-15 kg per square meter. The taste is wonderful, the pulp does not contain bitterness, there are no voids inside. A very useful variety, especially if you use fresh cucumbers. The seeds of this variety of cucumbers are of great interest to vegetable growers and are acquired very actively by them.