Pear "Russian Beauty" to many experienced gardeners and novice summer residents is known as "Beauty Chernenko." This is an early autumn variety: full ripening fruit maturity under favorable soil and climatic conditions occurs in late August or early September. The harvested crop, subject to microclimate conditions, can be maintained for a month and a half.
This pear variety was bred as a result of crossing the parental pair represented by the varieties "Blanc Daughter" and "Bere Ardanpon". The variety description was given by the author - breeder S.F. Chernenko. The variety is zoned and very well established in home gardening in the Central region.
The pear of the Russian Beauty variety, popular among Russian gardeners, belongs to the category of tall fruit trees, which complicates the implementation of the main care measures. The crown is narrow pyramidal in shape and relatively rare.
Fruits are very large. The average weight of a commodity pear is at least 165-180 g. Fruits are elongated pear-shaped, average indicators of one-dimensionality, quite tuberous, covered with a medium-density skin. The presence of a weak wax coating is characteristic.
The main staining of the fruits at the stage of removable maturity is greenish, with a slight integumentary blush. During the period of consumer maturity, the fruits acquire a greenish-yellow color with a faint reddish-brown color. The pulp is white in color, with a slight dullness, very juicy, semi-oily consistency. The taste is excellent, sour-sweet, unobtrusive aroma.
To obtain a plentiful harvest and preserve the increased productivity of the Russian Beauty pear, it is necessary to strictly observe the technology of planting fruit seedlings, as well as adhere to the basic rules of agricultural technology when growing this garden crop.
It is advisable to plant a pear in the southern regions of our country from the end of September to the last decade of October, due to the peculiarities of the soil and climatic conditions of the region. In the Central Federal District, planting is carried out in the spring, in April-May, before the leaves bloom on the pear seedlings.
Pear is a very thermophilic garden plant, so the place for planting this fruit crop should be as light as possible, even and dry. It is important to consider that seedlings grow very slowly and poorly develop when planted in the shade or lowland. The best soils for growing pears are clay or loamy soils.
How to grow a pear in the middle lane
It should be remembered that too small planting of seedlings of fruit trees after subsidence of the soil can cause exposure of the root system and its partial drying. If the planting is too deep, inhibition or complete halt of the growth and development of fruit plants is observed.
The nuances to which special attention should be paid when planting pear seedlings in a personal plot are as follows:
- the size of the pre-prepared planting pit should be slightly larger than the size of the root system of the fruit seedlings prepared for planting;
- the root neck of the plant should not be deepened, and its recommended elevation above the ground is about 4-5 cm;
- Before planting, the pit should be filled with a nutritious soil mixture, represented by horse soil with the addition of humus, peat and a complex of basic fertilizers;
- For the right direction of plant growth and ensuring its stability, you should first tie a sapling to a support peg.
Immediately after planting, plants need abundant watering, and to protect the root system of seedlings from significant evaporation of moisture will help mulching trunks circles peat, humus or ordinary wood sawdust.
When growing pear varieties "Russian Beauty", you must adhere to the following recommendations:
- the best irrigation method for pear plantings is sprinkling, in which water enters the fruit plant using a spinning or stationary sprayer;
- watering young and newly planted fruit trees must be done at least five times a season based on a pair of buckets for each plant;
- nitrogen-containing fertilizers stimulate the growth of the plant’s vegetative mass; therefore, it is recommended to add 2/3 of the entire dose in the spring, and the remaining third should be applied at the beginning of summer;
- the best spring top dressing of pear trees is considered to be a mixture of three parts of ammonium nitrate, one part of superphosphate and four parts of potassium sulfate;
- in the fall, phosphate and potash fertilizers should be used to feed fruit plantations.
To ensure normal growth, proper development and abundant fruiting of the pear tree, a competent and timely preparation of the plant for winter and overwinter plays an important role. Preparation of the pear for this period begins with a thorough cleaning of all the fallen and spoiled fruits, as well as the destruction of the fallen leaves in the trunk circles. Necessarily paid increased attention to preventive treatments against diseases and wintering pests. In regions with little snow and severe winters, high-quality shelter of plants is carried out.
According to numerous reviews by gardeners growing the Russian Beauty pear in their personal plots for several years, the plant is characterized by the formation of very large and tasty, high-quality, marketable fruits. In addition, the variety compares favorably with excellent resistance to infection by fungal infections. Subject to protective and preventive measures, no scab lesion is also noted. High resistance to the most common pathogenic microflora allows you to reduce the need to use strong chemicals.
How to prune a pear
According to the majority of experienced gardeners, in order to increase the percentage of pollination and, as a result, the yield, it is necessary to plant varieties of medium flowering in the immediate vicinity of the Russian Beauty pear.