Berries of bird cherry have a very interesting, slightly astringent taste. They are unique in that they do not lose their taste and healing properties after heat treatment. Therefore, they can be used to make jam and toppings for baking.
The healing properties of bird cherry berries
- have a disinfecting effect, eliminate putrefactive flora in the gastrointestinal tract;
- are antioxidants;
- normalize intestinal motility.
Useful properties are possessed not only by the pulp of the fruits of bird cherry, but also by their bones. Bird cherry should not be consumed by people prone to constipation.
Cooking toppings for baking
For the filling you need to use only fresh cherry berries. In extreme cases, they can be frozen for this purpose. Dried fruits are also best prepared on their own, but they should be consumed for making tea or tinctures.
So, to prepare the filling for pies, pies and rolls, we take fresh cherry berries and sugar in a ratio of 1: 1.
- We chop the berries with a meat grinder, without worrying about the bones.
- Add sugar to the crushed berries.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Cover with linen or cotton cloth.
- Leave for a week.
For seven days, bird cherry with sugar should be mixed as often as possible. At least twice a day. In the morning and in the evening. After a week, the filling is ready. If you do not plan to use it right away, then you need to shift it into sterilized glass jars and roll it up.
This filling has the desired consistency for baking. It does not flow when cutting pies and rolls, and also does not spread when baking in the oven.
For baking, there are a huge number of dough recipes. Consider the simplest and most delicious of them that can be prepared by a novice hostess.
Yeast Lean Dough
This is the easiest and most versatile dough recipe for pies and rolls. It is obtained by everyone, requires a minimum of cost and experience. The dough according to this recipe turns out to be light, not burdened with baking, so people sitting on a low-calorie diet can afford to bake from it. For its preparation:
- We take a glass or enameled container and measure using a measuring cup 500 ml of water, pour into a container, heat it to a temperature of 35 degrees.
- Then pour three tablespoons of sugar into a warm water, a bag of dried yeast and a quarter of a teaspoon of salt, mix.
- Now measure out five tablespoons of flour with a slide and pour them into water with sugar and yeast. Again, mix everything thoroughly until the lumps dissolve. If you have a mixer, then it will cope with this problem; cover the mixture with a towel and leave for a while to raise the yeast. This mixture is called dough. She in a warm place quickly enough rises "cap".
After maturation of the dough:
- We measure 80 ml of any vegetable oil and pour into a container with a future dough.
- Then we begin to gradually sprinkle flour, kneading thoroughly. As a rule, about one kilogram of flour is needed to prepare the dough.
- After the dough ceases to stick to your hands, you need to leave it to rise. About half an hour.
So, the dough has risen. Now you can cut it into pies, stuffed with cherry jam.
Bake should be at a temperature of 150 degrees for 30 minutes. Before baking, the pies can be brushed with milk or an egg to give a delicious ruddy gloss.
Appetizing buns can be prepared from the same dough and toppings.
To do this:
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle as thin as possible. If you managed to roll one centimeter to a thickness, then this is quite enough. If the layer is thicker - do not worry. It will turn out very tasty anyway.
- Put cherry filling on a rolled dough with a thin layer.
- Roll the dough stuffed into a roll.
- Cut the roll into pieces three centimeters thick.
- Roll in flour.
- Put on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 190 degrees.
How to make unleavened yeast dough
Sand cake with bird cherry is extremely popular among children. The recipe is very simple.
Grated cherry cake
To prepare the dough, take:
- 200 soft butter;
- one large egg;
- half a glass of warm milk;
- one tea glass of sugar;
- half a teaspoon of salt;
- baking powder bag;
- four glasses of flour.
- Rub the butter, softened at room temperature, with sugar until a white, slightly foamy mass forms. This is the most difficult but necessary part of the recipe.
- Do not forget to add salt.
- We mix warm milk into the oil mixture.
- We drive in the egg and gradually begin to add the flour mixed with the baking powder.
- Knead the dough not very thoroughly. It should be very cool, but a little dry.
- We roll the resulting dough into a ball, cut it with a knife into two unequal parts, wrap it in plastic wrap and send it to the freezer; in principle, the dough can lie there any time until it is needed to make a pie.
- We take out the dough from the freezer.
- Most of the three on a grater and sprinkle it evenly on baking paper lying on a baking sheet. The thickness of the layer should be approximately two centimeters.
- On top we spread cherry stuffing with a thickness of 5 mm.
- A small part of the frozen dough is also rubbed and sprinkled on top of the filling.
- We put the pie in the oven and bake at a temperature of 200 degrees until tender. As a rule, the cake is ready in 20 minutes.
To prepare this dessert also does not require much experience. The cooked pie just melts in your mouth. Its minus is only in high calorie content.
How to make grated pie
Bun and cupcakes with bird cherry
The recipe for this test is the simplest, which does not make it less tasty.
To prepare it, take:
- one glass of sour cream;
- two chicken eggs;
- one glass (you can take a little less) sugar;
- a teaspoon (without a slide) of baking soda;
- two glasses of flour (with a slide).
- Sour cream is placed in a bowl with sugar and eggs, mix everything. You don’t need to beat anything, just stir it thoroughly.
- Add flour with baking soda.
- Mix again until the lumps disappear and leave for a while to allow it to stand.
- Then we take a mold greased with vegetable oil, and pour half of the prepared dough into it.
- On the dough in an artistic mess, we spread the bird cherry filling in an amount of 150 ml.
- Then pour the remaining dough.
- Place the mold in the oven and bake until cooked at a temperature of 180 degrees. The degree of readiness is determined using a speck or a thin wooden stick. If, when piercing a pie, it remains dry, then it is ready.
This bun can be eaten both hot and cold after baking.
The dessert is very delicate in taste.
In the same way, you can cook cupcakes using appropriate molds.
Puff pastry pies with bird cherry
These are quick-fix pieswhen you have cherry filling in your refrigerator, and puff pastry is bored in the freezer. In this case, it doesn’t matter if you buy dough or make it yourself. It also doesn’t matter whether you use puff pastry or fresh yeast.
- We divide the puff pastry into squares of the desired size.
- We spread the filling from the bird cherry in the middle.
- We form triangles.
- Place the pies in the oven and bake at 190 degrees until tender.
The minus of such pies is in high calorie content. Plus - in the speed of cooking and satiety.
Cottage cheese casserole with bird cherry jam
For cooking you need:
- cottage cheese of any fat content - 500 g;
- chicken eggs - 5 pieces;
- bird cherry jam - 200 g;
- sugar - 50 g;
- flour - 50 g;
- butter - 10 g;
- salt to taste.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks and salt.
- Beat well with a mixer.
- Add egg yolks, sugar and flour to the curd, mix.
- Whipped proteins are gradually added to the resulting curd mass, gently mixing from the bottom up.
- Grease the form with butter, put half of the dough from the cottage cheese to the bottom, then - the filling of fresh bird cherry.
- Put the rest of the curd mass on top and flatten.
- Bake for 45 minutes at a temperature of 150 degrees.
This casserole is unusually delicate in taste, like a souffle. Bird cherry filling gives it sophistication.
If you wish, you can add culinary rum or liquor to the curd mass. Then this dessert will turn you into a real master of culinary.
Baking with fresh bird cherry is not easy. But it's worth it. The unusual delicate taste of the fruits is appreciated not only by you, but also by your loved ones.